1. I have lived in the same town my entire life. And I hope I can still say that in another 50 years. #yeahTHATgreenville
2. I am married to the greatest man on earth. Some other ladies out there may think that they can claim this. Trust me, you can't. I have him, girls, and he's all mine.
3. The first time that man told me he would like to date me I looked at him square in the face and all I could think to say was, "Why?". True story.
4. I play the viola and the piano. It's a recreational relationship, of course. Anything else would require a practice time commitment and that ain't happening! I began both when I was 5 years old and took lessons until college.
5. I am mom to the most adorable, loving, laid-back fur-child you'll ever meet. His name is Cooper, he's 5, and he loves to lick. He licks the floors, the cabinets, the couch, the walls. We love him despite this licking fetish.
6. I am a marathoner. San Francisco, Nike Women's, 2007. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but totally the most rewarding. Funny how that works, huh?
7. I have two nieces who are my sunshine and happiness and the cutest little kids I've met to date - Kate and Sophie. Kate turns 3 in 7 days. Sophie will join us in May; she's still cooking. But she's cute. I've seen the ultrasounds. Don't argue with me. I'll win.
8. I'm short. Right at 5'. But frankly I don't mind. I rarely have trouble finding shoes. You know, the cute kind that tall girls can't find in their size because they're already sold out. I get the cute kind and I get them on sale! (*bonus*) And I don't have far to fall. This is advantageous because I'm pretty clumsy.
9. I've been outside the country once. I went to London with my sister. The trip was a gift from my parents to her to celebrate her high school graduation. When I look back on that trip I still wonder: 1) why did my parents send us together? we hated each other back then, and 2) why did my parents send us at all? two teenage girls, oversees, with a group that only did "group stuff" for two days (and the rest of the time we were on our own). It was awesome.
10. I love Swedish Fish. Random, but true.
For more posts in this series, click here.