No year re-cap could ever be complete without a "Favorite Things" reflection.
1. Prueology Shampoo and Conditioner: only the best shampoo I've ever used. The smell is delicious and the way it makes my hair shiny and soft is unbelievable. It's not cheap and that was a hesitation for me at first. But let me tell you, it's worth every penny.
2. AmazonPrime: when we got married I inherited a membership to AmazonPrime through my husband's mom - she added us as a user on her account. The only perk we get is free shipping, but that is more than enough for me! Don't want to go to WalMart? Order it on Amazon. Can't find it in town? Order it on Amazon? Looking for the best price? Order it on Amazon. And did I mention FREE 2-day shipping? It's like Christmas every day! Plus, with their subscribe and save feature (not unique to Prime) we get deodorant, toothbrush head replacements, razors, air filters, etc. delivered to our door at the interval of time we choose and I never have to worry about running out! It truly is amazing!
3. Gigi the BMW: I won't even attempt to go into specs on this car because I have no clue except that it's a 2011 3 Series. It has incredible heated seats, the entire car warms up faster than I can drive out of our subdivision, and the system that automatically connects to my phone and allows me to make and receive calls through the car is amazing. And that's all I need to know. I love this car and I love my husband for buying it for me.
4. Suave Dry Shampoo: before this year I washed my hair daily. Every. Single. Day. This year my friend and I got to talking about hair care and she encouraged me to try dry shampoo as an alternative. This stuff changed my life. I now go 2-3 days between washing and hair has never been healthier. Even though I workout almost every day I will either just rinse my hair or wait to style it until the sweat has dried. (I know that sounds gross but it's really not!) I highly recommend trying this out if you haven't before!
5. 1" Hot Tools Curling Iron: I purchased this back in March and love how it curls my hair. It heats well and quickly and is easy to use. And the curls stay put and don't fall like with other irons I have tried. Plus, it's reasonably priced. Can't beat that, right?!
6. Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover: my friend started selling Mary Kay over a year ago and has recently gotten me hooked on the Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover. It removes my eye makeup like nothing I have tried before. It's gentle on my skin and I don't have to scrub to get my eyeliner and mascara off. I love it!
7. And last, but not least, YurBuds: I first learned about these headphones from Julie on the Peanut Butter Fingers blog. She reviewed these several months ago and noted how good the sound was and how well they stay in the ears. I had been in need of some because I constantly struggled to get mine to stay put, especially while running. After my half-marathon my sweet husband bought me some. And can I just say, I love these things? The sound from them is amazing, and they are so comfortable that I literally forget that I'm wearing earbuds.
What were some of your favorite products in 2013? I would love to hear from you!